Sunday, September 14, 2008

These are two poems I wrote very recently. However first I would like to put the disclaimer that I am not a poet and therefore these are far from perfect. However I had a good time writing them and thought I would share.

Left

The one day I need it,
I leave it.

The one moment I have to read it,
Its home.

The one day it rains,
I’m in shorts.

The one time I give an answer,
I’m wrong.

I always have everything that I don’t need.

Life can be such bucket of mud.

What I learned from cooking lessons

How grating a large hunk of cheese wears out your strength,
And grating a small hunk wears out your fingers.

The gooey satisfaction of immersing ones fingers into raw eggs to cover a piece of chicken,
And the covered, trapped feeling as your fingers and chicken get caked with breadcrumbs.

How to most efficiently have a peeling race, learning (Usually the hard way) to do it away from ones body to minimize,
But not eliminate, injuries.

I discovered peanut butter and cheddar-grilled sandwiches.
I discovered that the difference between one teaspoon and one tablespoon is everything.
And that only mom can measure by sight.

I learned that most every step is important,
That every ingredient adds something,
That sometimes you have to throw it out and start all over.

Therefore I have learned that I like toast,
Scrambled eggs and add water only pancakes
Frozen lasagnas, chicken bouillon cubes,
Fruit, leftovers, macaroni and cheese.
Anything that requires less then an hours preparation.

No comments: