Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Koran: Joseph

Reading the Koran was a very interesting experience. Especially reading the story of Joseph. It felt like a completely different story only with the same...plot line.

There were some things that were taken out (At least from the version I know) and some things that were explored in further detail. For example, the coat wasn't even mentioned if I recall correctly. While the parts with the wife and Joseph were much more detailed.

I wouldn't say that I enjoyed this version of the story, but I did find it interesting. It seemed to back up Muslim belief. Just as my King James version of the story backs up my own beliefs. Naturally I prefer my version, because of its messages and familiarity to me. However I still found the korans version very interesting.

No comments: