Monday, September 29, 2008

losing things

I hate losing things. Or, more accurately, I hate looking for things.

I woke up a half an hour early today so that I would have time to write for creative writing. Then I discovered that had lost my necktie. I have now spent the last half an hour looking for it. A half an hour of digging through our junk drawer, under beds, through piles of dirty clothes, in my back pack, and other such pleasant places.

My brothers and sisters are now having pleasant dreams of my demise because I woke them up to ask them about it. They weren't helpful anyway. They simple confirmed over and over again that it was on the counter. Which is where I originally supposed it to be.

So I still havent found it. I stopped looking for it because I was beggining to get so upset I was looking throught that same counter over and over. Chanting that same line "It has to be here, It has to be here." There has been no maraculous AHA moment for me. Instead I shall buy a new one once I get to school. Then when I get home today I'll probably find it in my pocket or some such place. I so hate losing things.